Greetings fellow spacers,
The next time you launch The Outer Worlds on your Nintendo Switch, you should see Patch 1.2 ready to download and install! The patch is required in order to fix specific issues and apply any changes included. If you do not see this update right away, please know that it may take some time to populate and become available.
Features included in this update:
- Implemented a half-resolution SSAO
- Implemented Clouds in Skybox
- Replace SSR with SphereReflectionCapture
- Disabled subsurface profile shading
- Added Depth of Field to Conversation Camera
Changes and Fixes included in this update:
- Limited the max instance count for sounds to improve CPU performance
- Adjusted the volume threshold for sounds to improve CPU performance
- Packed textures to save memory
- Optimized materials for the environment and terrain
- Optimized and added more vegetation to the world
- Added details to the world buildings
- Used normal map textures instead of triangles for objects
- Re-designed some buildings
- Meshes rebuilt for improved visuals
- Lightmap texture streaming rebuilt
- Fixed character AI issues
- Improved the streaming performance to fix the building dark issues players experienced and some texture blur issues
To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please share it with our publishing partner, Private Division, through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and please continue to share with us anything you come across. You all are amazing, and we are very lucky to have you here with us in the Halcyon Colony!