Greetings fellow spacers,
We have released Patch 1.4.1 for players playing on PC, Xbox consoles, and PlayStation consoles and you should see this the next time you launch The Outer Worlds. This patch is required in order to fix specific issues and apply any changes included. If you do not see this update right away, please know that it may take some time to populate and become available.
Changes/fixes that are included in this patch are as follows:
- Fixed some spots on Gorgon where players could become permanently stuck
- Improved lipsync animations throughout Peril on Gorgon
- Removed a transition on Scylla that loaded an invalid area
- Fixed a spot in the Olympus Orbital Pharmaceutical Station where players could become stuck
- Fixed an issue where the Employee Benefits Science weapon could be used to resurrect dead companions on SuperNova difficulty
- Fixed an issue where audio logs could play while on the Pause menu
- Fixed an issue where the first line of some dialog sequences wouldn't have audio
- Improved audio performance to reduce instances of audio dropping out
- Adjusted spawn conditions on some Gorgon marauder encounters
- Fixed an issue where ADA could give out-of-date information about how to get to Stellar Bay
- Fixed an issue where Gorgon canid variants would become stuck in behavior loops
- Fixed an issue where the Special Delivery Science weapon could sometimes not drop properly
- Improved loot drops from Gorgon canid variants
- Fixed an issue where players could see incorrect Peril on Gorgon end slides upon completing the game
- Updated "Makes Space Suits, Won't Travel" to allow for Gorgon marauder armors
- Fixed an issue where quest beacons wouldn't update properly under some circumstances when investigating leads in the Sprat Shack
- Fixed a duplicate quest beacon during the quest "Kept Secret But Not Forgotten"
- Fixed an issue where a quest item for "The Ambrose Intersection" could become permanently stuck in the player's inventory
- Fixed an issue where invalid text would appear in Skill descriptions
- Improved text wrapping on Save/Load screen for certain text sizes and aspect ratios
- Fixed the "Nietzsche's Reward" Perk not being properly reflected in weapons' damage stats on the Inspect screen
- Fixed an issue where Max's Trickshot ability's description erroneously included the "Stun" effect
- Improved text wrapping on weapon Inspect screens
- Added information to the main menu to reflect when Peril on Gorgon is installed
- Added an indicator for Improvised weapons on the Inventory screen
- Adjusted text color for damage text for Cold Damage
- Fixed inconsistent coloring of adjusted skill values on the Skills screen under certain circumstances
- Fixed some audio log UI issues when stopping or restarting the logs at specific points
To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please share it with our publishing partner, Private Division, through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.
We appreciate all of you and want to thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding while we continue to improve the game. Please continue to share with us any suggestions or issues you come across. Thank you all for being amazing, and we hope you continue to have fun out in the Halcyon Colony!